Your shopping cart is empty
Poron Urethanes | Poron High Performance Foams
Cushioning and sealingwith exceptional reliabilityare the essence of our PORON® high-performance foam products. Able Industrial Products has an extensive portfolio of PORON® Urethane foams meet requirements ranging from ultra-thin protection for sensitive electronics to robust gasketing for industrial and automotive purposes, and cushioning for medical orthotics, footwear and other consumer applications.
Industrial & Electronics
PORON® Microcellular Urethanes for industrial, automotive, and electronic applications have excellent resistance to compression set (collapse), offer high resiliency, vibration damping, and impact absorption properties. Through a unique manufacturing process, PORON Microcellular Urethanes are cast to tight tolerances and precise material properties.
• Excellent compression set resistance which enables durable, long-term performance for gasketing, sealing, and cushioning.
• Low-outgassing and non-fogging, containing no plasticizers or residual chemicals to contaminate the device. The material will not become brittle and crumble and is non-corrosive to metal.
• Inherently flame retardant without the use of additives. Many of the materials meet flammability requirements of UL HBF and MVSS 302.
• Engineered urethane formulations offering a wide modulus range - 2-90 psi @ 25% deflection – for more design versatility requirements.
• Good chemical resistance
• Easy to fabricate, die-cuts cleanly and works with a broad range of adhesives
• Broad range of formulas and thicknesses from 0.012" to 0.500" (0.43mm to 12.7mm)
PORON® Performance Urethanes are available in a wide variety of colors, thicknesses, densities and surface textures to accommodate almost any activity, from everyday use to the rigorous demands of high-impact sports and exercise. And if the precise PORON material doesn't already exist, one can be custom formulated for the needs of a specific manufacturer's physical and aesthetic requirements
• Maximum retention of comfort and flexibility PORON urethanes are made without plasticizers, which means the material will not shrink or become brittle and crack with age. PORON urethanes retain "like-new" softness and flexibility.
• The highest degree of impact absorption More shock absorption means less impact to feet and joints. In side-by-side drop weight tests, PORON materials outperformed vinyl sponge, neoprene sponge, sponge rubber, latex foam and solid viscoelastic.
• A breathable layer to help feet stay dry and cool PORON urethane materials form permeable layers that draw water vapor and perspiration away.
PORON Medical® Urethanes are engineered, medium density materials used in orthopedic and prosthetic applications, including custom orthotics, prosthetic padding and other biomechanical supports. They are free of solvents, and contain no latex or PVC. PORON Medical Urethanes are ISO 10993 rated for surface contact.
• Compression-set Resistance
• Open-cell - Breathable
• Microcellular Structure
• Fungal Resistant
If you have questions or would like a price quote Please Call (800)423-7008 or Click Here